Saturday, February 7, 2009

A few tests and config changes

After getting the Acer Aspire one to my first configuration level, I decided to test and perhaps change a few more things. I have a Slingbox player in my home, and use it often, so I downloaded the newest slingplayer software. It installed, configured and ran without a hiccup. Quality of the video image is good, very small in windowed mode, a good quality full screen mode.

I have always made backups of my DVD to large external drive on my network, so I copied a 4gb DVD video folder down to it using a usb drive. Opening the DVD folder and the DVD index launched the included version of InterVideo WinDVD. The files play with very good quality, no problems what so ever.

The volume even at full is as expected, only fair quality. External speakers, earbuds, or headphones will be required to watch video or play music and enjoy it.

A Fan control application found at Welcome to Ralf´s Freeware Page caught my eye. I have installed it and seems to work as described. I will probably keep it, and donate to the developer, after a reasonable test.

No comments:

Post a Comment