Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekly Wrap Up

This morning marks the first week of use. My impressions so far are good, but a few things take adjusting to, such as this keyboard. But I work at different keyboards all the time so its no big deal. Speaking of keyboards, use of the keyboard shortcuts is something you will probably want to do. FN F6 combo is becoming a favorite of mine, to toggle the display back light on/off. Handy for conserving power. Since I use Firefox as my preferred browser, the Ctl - or Ctl + zoom functions are handy. Depending upon how you use this little netbook, will determine what is most useful to you.

A few other pieces of software has been installed and will probably be kept. These are some Windows XP powertoys from Microsoft.

The MS Virtual Desktop Manager is pretty useful to me, and the Aspire One seems right at home with it. You can use up to 4 virtual desktops independently of one another and run different apps on each one.

I've used TweakUI before and like it so I also downloaded that along with WebCamToy and SyncToy for future use.

I probably will also have a portable mouse but I am unsure yet what I will choose. I have tried two I had on hand already and both worked fine. The logitech wireless took right off with out any problems, as did the little wired logitech with leopard print. I'm leaning toward the leopard print mouse just for the aesthetics and the fact it doesn't require a battery.

The on board touch pad is good, but the button location is a little hard to adjust to especially cut/paste type stuff.

I am also contemplating using the USB U3 smart technology. This lets one carry around portable apps and documents on a thumbdrive and save some space on your hard drive and usable on multiple computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment